Reformed

I feel like this blog is a constant work in progress.  Instead of just jabbering about myself in these posts, I'm going to try to reform this blog a little so that it is geared more towards the things I am doing in my classroom that are worthwhile.  My purpose is to help.    Before I get into some favorite tools and activities, I do need to give a little background....

A few years ago I found myself feeling burned out, worthless, and ready to quit my job.  I actually Googled "what can teachers do for a living?"  Multiple times.  I think we have all been there at one point or another.  I'm not sure where the turning point was exactly but I do know it had something to do with being involved with technology and surrounding myself with people who saw something in me that I did not see at the time.  I also found Twitter.  These things helped me to be more confident in who I am as an educator.  With this I have become less fearful, more willing to take risks and more EXCITED about the things that happen at school on a day to day basis.

Here I am now.  Far far far from where I want to be as an educator, but I am happy and I love trying new things with my students.  I am at a point in my life where I feel like if something I am doing in my classroom can benefit someone else then why not share it with the world??  That is a HUGE leap of faith for me.  Coming from insecurities, doubt and feelings of inadequacy to this point is a jump but that is where I'm at.  Maybe it has to do with my age (I will be 40 soon) or maybe it has to do with the impact Leader in Me has had on my life...or maybe it is the above mentioned events...either way, I'm excited to share with the world some of the things I love to do in my classroom.  I hope some of what you read in this blog excites you too!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clear Head, Clear Goals

Excitement!

Reflections and the First 3 Days